June 2, 2020
Capitol Hill Briefing Thursday, June 4, 10:00 - 11:30 AM ET
Cities are Essential: Protecting and Growing America’s Economic Recovery
To register and for more information and speaker bios for the Hill briefing, visit the event page
Our Federal partner the National League of Cities has scheduled a virtual Capitol Hill Briefing and invites you to join.
Local governments are on the front lines of our nation’s health, safety, and economic response to the coronavirus emergency. Communities need a strong local-federal partnership to stabilize local government operations, keep workers on the job, and maintain essential services to grow the economy.
Join a virtual Capitol Hill briefing to hear from federal leaders and New Jersey local elected officials on how cities are the essential building blocks of a national economic recovery, as well as the big steps being taken by municipalities to restart local economies.
- The Honorable Bill Cassidy, United States Senator (R-LA)
- The Honorable Bob Menendez, United States Senator (D-NJ)
- The Honorable Kathy Maness, Councilmember, Town of Lexington, South Carolina and 1st Vice President, National League of Cities
- The Honorable David Holt, Mayor, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- The Honorable Grover C. Robinson, IV, Mayor, City of Pensacola, Florida
- The Honorable Mark Shepherd, Mayor, City of Clearfield, Utah
- The Honorable Gary Passanante, Mayor, Borough of Somerdale, New Jersey
- John Gallagher, Executive Director, Louisiana Municipal Association
- Irma Esparza Diggs, Senior Executive and Director of Federal Advocacy, National League of Cities
The NJLM asks you to add your voice to the Cities are Essential Campaign. For other NLC Cities Are Essential resources, visit the campaign website