The New Jersey Health Care Quality Institute's Mayors Wellness Campaign (MWC), in partnership with the New Jersey State League of Municipalities has announced a funding opportunity for communities working to address local mental health needs. The MWC is inviting New Jersey municipalities to submit proposals for programs or initiatives that are looking to develop or expand local initiatives that address mental health, substance use, or reduce stigma around this critical topic.
New Jersey communities that are part of or join the MWC can apply for funding amounts of $10,000, $15,000, or $25,000 for up to 15 awards totaling $127,500. Funding for this comes from Walmart.org.
Municipalities unsure of their MWC status or wishing to sign up can reach out to the Quality Institute’s Director of Community Health, Julie DeSimone, at email@example.com for assistance.
The MWC encourages applicants to use the MWC Mental Health Toolkit, which provides valuable examples of community programming options. Programs that incorporate the following aspects will be of particular interest:
• Use of the MWC to plan, develop, and implement programs
• Focus on underserved and marginalized populations
• Community education about mental health, substance use, and stigma
• Promotion and increase of access to healthy coping strategies in times of stress and crisis
• Promotion of a sense of belonging among community members
• Holistic approaches that promote health and well-being
• Increased access to affordable mental health services
There will be a technical assistance webinar on July 12, 2023, at 10 a.m., which requires advance registration. Grants are due July 31, 2023, at 5:00 p.m. Any questions can be directed to Julie DeSimone at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact: Lori Buckelew, Deputy Executive Director & Director of Government Affairs, email@example.com, 609-695-3481, x112.