Earlier this week Governor Phil Murphy signed Executive Order 264 requiring all childcare workers and facility employees to be fully vaccinated by November 1 or face regular and weekly testing and clarify that masking policies in all childcare facilities must mirror those in school. As a result, all employees, all students, and children in the facilities care 2 years or older and all visitors must wear facemask with limited exceptions. The Governor also announced that the Food and Drug Administration’s Vaccines and Related Biological Products Advisory Committee recommended booster shots for those age 65 or older or those who are high risk of contracting COVID and who is six months or longer past their second dose of Pfizer. The state is awaiting final guidance from the CDC and FDA.
COVID Data for Friday, September 24, 2021:
- 2,040 new positive cases for a total of 992,586 confirmed cases
- 24 new confirmed deaths for a total of 24,515 confirmed deaths
- The rate of transmission is at 1.05
- 102 cases have been linked to 23 school outbreaks, which is defined as 3 or more laboratory-confirmed cases among students or staff within a 14 day period.
- 11,549,807 vaccine doses have been administered, including 6,363,172 who have received at least one dose, and 5,627,551 who are fully vaccinated. 58% are Pfizer, 39% Moderna, and 4% J&J. In addition, 50,522 have received an additional dose of Pfizer, and 41,314 have received an additional dose of Moderna.
As a reminder, the Department of Health is providing access to individual's COVID vaccination records through NJ Docket, a secure and free smartphone app, which is CDC approved.
Homebound residents who have not yet connected with their local health department, or a home health agency, and who need an in-home vaccination should visit www.covid19.nj.gov/homeboundvax or contact the call center at 855-568-0545.
Lori Buckelew, Assistant Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org, 609-695-3481, x112.