- Presenting your local budget to the public. Samples from Summit, Franklin Lakes, and Madison.
- Budget Process Overview (PDF): The Finance Center is a column that regularly appears in the League’s magazine, New Jersey Municipalities. This column is titled "Budget Process Overview" and appeared in the December 2016 issue.
- Department of Treasury’s Cooperative Purchasing Program: A link to the State’s Cooperative Purchasing Program, through which specific State contracts are eligible to local buying units.
- Purchase & Property: The Department of Treasury’s Division of Purchase and Property website.
- Procurement Guide (PDF): Published by the Governmental Purchasing Association of New Jersey (GPANJ), basic guidelines of the everyday purchasing process.
- Governmental Purchasing Association of New Jersey (GPANJ): League members with questions about purchasing, or to view samples, please have your purchasing agent contact the GPANJ. The GPANJ is an affiliate organization that works with the League; an organization whose membership consists of purchasing agents from municipalities, school boards, counties, authorities, and other government entities.
DLGS has issued Local Finance Notice 2020-08. No municipality will receive less total State formula aid in CY2020/FY2021 than it received last year. However, the Division does note that the proposed budget serves as a guide for SFY municipalities. Read on...
State Treasurer Muoio issued a new voluntary disclosure statement to bond holders. It provides detail on the potential impacts COVID-19 may have on the State’s finances, including revenue collection and pension fund contributions. Read on...
In response to COVID-19 the Division of Local Government Services issued Local Finance Notice 2020-07 providing emergency budget, levy cap exemption, tax bill and depositing fund guidance. Read on...