- Presenting your local budget to the public. Samples from Summit, Franklin Lakes, and Madison.
- Budget Process Overview (PDF): The Finance Center is a column that regularly appears in the League’s magazine, New Jersey Municipalities. This column is titled "Budget Process Overview" and appeared in the December 2016 issue.
- Department of Treasury’s Cooperative Purchasing Program: A link to the State’s Cooperative Purchasing Program, through which specific State contracts are eligible to local buying units.
- Purchase & Property: The Department of Treasury’s Division of Purchase and Property website.
- Procurement Guide (PDF): Published by the Governmental Purchasing Association of New Jersey (GPANJ), basic guidelines of the everyday purchasing process.
- Governmental Purchasing Association of New Jersey (GPANJ): League members with questions about purchasing, or to view samples, please have your purchasing agent contact the GPANJ. The GPANJ is an affiliate organization that works with the League; an organization whose membership consists of purchasing agents from municipalities, school boards, counties, authorities, and other government entities.
Please contact your General Assembly representatives in support of A-2991, which will be heard on Monday by the Assembly State and Local Government Committee. This legislation will clarify the telecommunications industry's corporate tax responsibilities. Read on...
An agreement has been reached by Governor Phil Murphy and Legislative leaders on an income tax rate hike (from 8.97% to 10.75%) on earnings in excess of $1 million. Read on...
NJLM’s position on the Governor’s proposed FY 21 budget has been presented by League President Jim Perry and League Executive Director Mike Cerra to the members of both the Senate Budget and Appropriation and the Assembly Budget Committees. Read on...