- Budget Process Overview (PDF): The Finance Center is a column that regularly appears in the League's magazine, New Jersey Municipalities. This column is titled "Budget Process Overview" and appeared in the December 2016 issue.
- Department of Treasury's Cooperative Purchasing Program: A link to the State's Cooperative Purchasing Program, through which specific State contracts are eligible to local buying units.
- Purchase & Property: The Department of Treasury's Division of Purchase and Property website.
- Procurement Guide (PDF): Published by the Governmental Purchasing Association of New Jersey (GPANJ), basic guidelines of the everyday purchasing process.
- Governmental Purchasing Association of New Jersey (GPANJ): League members with questions about purchasing, or to view samples, please have your purchasing agent contact the GPANJ. The GPANJ is an affiliate organization that works with the League; an organization whose membership consists of purchasing agents from municipalities, school boards, counties, authorities, and other government entities.
NJLM has confirmed that among the $235 million impounded from the 2020 State budget by Gov. Murphy, is almost $105 million in transitional aid. Transitional aid is awarded to help municipalities in serious fiscal distress meet immediate budgetary needs. Read on...
On Sunday Governor Phil Murphy signed the State FY 2020 budget following a 2 pm public event. In doing so, the Governor used his authority to line item out $48.5 million in expenditures in the budget. Read on...
Sunday, June 30, is the deadline for the passage of the balanced state budget. Last Thursday the State Senate and General Assembly approved the budget and sent it to the Governor, who has a budget announcement set for 2 p.m. Sunday. Read on...