- Presenting your local budget to the public. Samples from Summit, Franklin Lakes, and Madison.
- Budget Process Overview (PDF): The Finance Center is a column that regularly appears in the League’s magazine, New Jersey Municipalities. This column is titled "Budget Process Overview" and appeared in the December 2016 issue.
- Department of Treasury’s Cooperative Purchasing Program: A link to the State’s Cooperative Purchasing Program, through which specific State contracts are eligible to local buying units.
- Purchase & Property: The Department of Treasury’s Division of Purchase and Property website.
- Procurement Guide (PDF): Published by the Governmental Purchasing Association of New Jersey (GPANJ), basic guidelines of the everyday purchasing process.
- Governmental Purchasing Association of New Jersey (GPANJ): League members with questions about purchasing, or to view samples, please have your purchasing agent contact the GPANJ. The GPANJ is an affiliate organization that works with the League; an organization whose membership consists of purchasing agents from municipalities, school boards, counties, authorities, and other government entities.
Budget hearings continued this week with the Senate Budget and Appropriations meeting on Thursday, April 21. A number of individuals testified including some who reaffirmed the League's requests to restore funding to Open Space In Lieu of Taxes. Read on...
The recently signed Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2022 reinstituted the congressionally directed spending process, also referred to as earmarks. Read on...
On Monday, April 4, the legislative hearings on Governor Murphy’s proposed $48.9 billion FY2023 budget began. Read on...