- Presenting your local budget to the public. Samples from Summit, Franklin Lakes, and Madison.
- Budget Process Overview (PDF): The Finance Center is a column that regularly appears in the League’s magazine, New Jersey Municipalities. This column is titled "Budget Process Overview" and appeared in the December 2016 issue.
- Department of Treasury’s Cooperative Purchasing Program: A link to the State’s Cooperative Purchasing Program, through which specific State contracts are eligible to local buying units.
- Purchase & Property: The Department of Treasury’s Division of Purchase and Property website.
- Procurement Guide (PDF): Published by the Governmental Purchasing Association of New Jersey (GPANJ), basic guidelines of the everyday purchasing process.
- Governmental Purchasing Association of New Jersey (GPANJ): League members with questions about purchasing, or to view samples, please have your purchasing agent contact the GPANJ. The GPANJ is an affiliate organization that works with the League; an organization whose membership consists of purchasing agents from municipalities, school boards, counties, authorities, and other government entities.
The Legislature has passed and the Governor has signed the Supplemental Appropriations bill that will permit state spending to bridge the gap between the usual end of the Fiscal Year on June 30 and this year’s final day, September 30. Read on...
A-3 has been introduced, including supplemental appropriations that will permit state spending to bridge the gap between the usual end of the Fiscal Year, on June 30, and this year’s final day, September 30. It would appropriate $298.6 million in CMPTRA. Read on...
NJLM has launched the MunisAreEssential campaign responding to COVID-19 impacted budget shortfalls for local governments. Contact your state and federal legislators to support revenue shortfall funding/tools and educate your citizens on local budgets. Read on...